Recently, I found out that Volkswagen cars are being sold now in Cebu. The Iconic Dealership has a display in Ayala Center Cebu. They are also planning to have a showroom in the North Reclamation Area near SM City Cebu.
Here are 5 good reasons why I'll buy a VW when I win the lotto:
5. Sentimental Value - I have loved these cars for years already and I have somehow followed its development over the years.
4. TDI - Most models sold here in the Philippines would have diesel engines. The diesel-powered VWs could run around 13 kilometers per liter in the city and could reach 20 km/l in the highway. Fuel savings will be worth it. Even with the TDI badge, a Jetta would still be a the perfect sports sedan mixing economy with the fun to drive factor.
3. German Engineering - The Germans are really proud of their cars. They are known to be more reliable and durable. German cars usually last longer...Old VW Beetle for example. ;)
2. Design - VW does not change bodies as often unlike other brands that seems to change their car model's looks year after year making the past year's model become "old" immediately.
1. Uniqueness - The Beetle has always been a head turner. In fact my wife would want a VW Beetle Cabriolet if its is available. Since only a few own a VW right now in Cebu, having one would a statement. It is the type of car you will buy to stand out. It is like saying to people "I bought a VW because I can...".
I would really buy at least one when I win the lottery, you better watch out. ;)